Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Blog Five

The kind of care that these teachers portray is that kind of care all teachers and youth workers should have. Its the kind of care that allows these teachers to read in between the lines. Its the one that models, what working with the youth really means. When the article speaks about how the school should feel like a second home, I definitely agree with it because that is how I want my youth space to feel like. It shows how these teachers are willing to go the extra mile with not only sharing their teachings but emotionally, financially, and physically. Time after time no matter how many times they fail a mentor should always stay consisted, being attentive, and continuously grow their awareness about their students. In my internship the youth do get the feeling that this is place where they can be themselves, a place where everyone there generally cares about each other. But there also an understanding that I am here to push them to their limits, to get them to grow and become better. They know that I will be tough, will always be fair and that I understand life hits hard, life can get you down but I'm here to pick you up and get them to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment